Thursday, March 3, 2016

Early Spring Morning

While my wife and I were visiting the Rancho Santa Ana Botanical Gardens in Claremont, California, we viewed the Millard Sheets exhibit in their gallery.  Millard Sheets is famous in California for the mosaics he did for the fronts of Home Savings buildings and for his mosaic of Jesus on the library on the campus of Notre Dame University (aka:  "Touchdown Jesus").  I was inspired by one of his works called "Dairy Farm".  On my painting, I left out the cows but included some farm equipment.

2 comments:

  1. Well done on the painting. I am sure the work of Millard Sheets was a true inspiration for the picture. You really used the colors well. I wish I could have seen the exhibit myself as I am a big art fanatic myself. I do not paint much but I prefer to draw free hand more.

    Heidi Sutton @ Ag Source Magazine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Heidi:
    Thank you for your kind comments. You can find more on the works of Millard Sheets online if you are interested.
    I would like to see some of your drawings? Are they about life on the farm also?
    Guy

    ReplyDelete