Tuesday, January 10, 2017

The TITANIC

I have always wanted to do a project dealing with the TITANIC.  When I was a child, I watched the 1958 movie, "A Night to Remember" and it had a great effect on me.  My Father did a report in college on the Titanic and in his conclusion said that if they would have called it, "The Ship that Only God could Sink" instead of "The Ship that Even God couldn't Sink", maybe the Titanic would not have been lost.  

In doing this project, I learned some new things about the Titanic.  Of the four smoke stacks or funnels, only the front three are functional.  The fourth funnel was added to make the ship look symmetrical.  There are also conspiracy theories concerning the Titanic.  One theory is that the Titanic never sunk.  The name plates were switched the Titanic's sister ship, the Olympia, in an insurance scam.  Another theory is that J. P. Morgan had the Titanic sunk on purpose to eliminate three prominent bankers who were on the maiden voyage because the were opposing him in the creation of the U.S. Central Bank.

Below is the finished project.  It is about 45" long and about 10" tall.  Below that are photos of the project at various stages.  The last photo is of the piece of cardboard on which I painted the project.  I was taken back by the ghostly image of what appears to be a sinking ship.  That might be more interesting than the project itself.


No comments:

Post a Comment