Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Viking Knitting Bracelet

While watching Jeopardy on TV last week, a contestant mentioned Viking Knitting.  Intrigued by the name, I looked up a tutorial on Youtube.  After a few false starts, I finished the bracelet above.  It came out pretty good, but somehow mine reminds me of the paperclip or staple necklaces and bracelets the girls used to make  when I was in grade school.  Not quit as nice as the ones you see on Youtube.


 

At first, I used 20 gauge wire and a 1" PVC pipe to start the weaving.  The wire was too thick and the pipe was too big.
I switched to 26 gauge wire and a half inch pipe and had better results.
After knitting the wire, you pull it through smaller and smaller holes to compress it. I added Lobster Claw clasps to each end.


No comments:

Post a Comment