Sunday, May 17, 2020

Coronavirus Project: USNS Mercy--Hospital Ship


I was looking for a Coronavirus/stay-at-home project.  I decided to make a toy ship for my grandchildren.  Originally, I thought of doing a battleship, but a hospital ship seemed more appropriate.  I only used material I had on-hand in my garage. (except for the dowel for the smokestack) I completed the project in about two weeks.  I was in no hurry and tried to do a little each day.  This is the Hospital Ship Mercy.  You can tell by the forward-facing Red Cross, which is off-centered.  This was the ship that was sent to Los Angeles during the pandemic.  On the Hospital Ship Comfort, the forward-facing Red Cross is centered.

This is the real USNS Mercy out at sea.  It is a beautiful sight.  It must be very emotional for people in need to see it arriving on the scene to help.
This is my project with the unpainted pieces assembled.

No comments:

Post a Comment