Thursday, July 14, 2011

Slim Jim Holster

AN ORIGINAL SLIM JIM HOLSTER WITH SPANISH FLORAL DESIGN.

I went ridin’ out one dark and stormy day.
Along the trail I rested as I traveled on my way.

When around the bend a mighty horse came gallopin’ on the scene,
And astride it was the toughest man, this young cowboy ‘d ever seen.

“I see you’re a tough old cowboy who has seen a lot of years.
You’ve fought in many battles and never showed no fear.

What’s the secret that’s allowed you to keep all of your hair,
‘Specially when so many, seem to be losin’ theirs?”

The old horseman wheeled his steed as its hooves pounded the ground.
The steely eyes just froze me, and at first he made no sound.

Then the old man said, “I see your gun is one of the finest of them all.
But it’s stickin’ in your belt,  lookin’ like it’s ‘bout to fall.”

He turned the horse so I could see the gun he wore with pride.
And then I saw the leather sheath that kept it at his side.

“Your holster is important too, cuz it keeps your gun at hand.
It keeps it clean and shields it from the rain and wind and sand.

But the thing you must remember, to live long and avoid the noose,
Is to keep that gun well-holstered and to give it little use.”

With that the old man reached into his dusty saddle bag,
And pulled out this old holster and he wiped it with a rag.

He tossed it down and told me that now it would be mine,
And if I listened to him, my life would turn out fine.

He wheeled his horse and spurred the beast–into the night they rode.
And I stood there–a lesson learned from a man I never know’d.

But now I have his holster which I am passin’ on to you,
With a wish for many years, and few battles too.



by: Guy



Click on photo for a larger view.

It is not from a kit.  The holster pattern is my design and is cut from one piece of leather.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment