Tuesday, August 9, 2011

St. Emydius Catholic School

A few years ago, my wife got me a Ted Crane print of Humboldt State University as a gift.  Thinking I would do the same for her, I asked her if she wanted one from Cal State Fullerton where she graduated, or one from the several other colleges she attended.  She said her favorite school was St. Emydius which she attended in Lynwood, California for 1st grade thru 8th grade.   This is where she met her life-long friends, Rosalie and Barbara.  I didn't think Ted Crane had done a print of St. Emydius, so one Sunday morning, I made up a story about going somewhere and drove up to Lynwood to take some photos of the school.  I figured I'd try to do something for my wife, but if it didn't turn out, I could frame one of the photos.  The school and church are both still very nice--I can see why this was my wife's favorite school.  Anyway, I did a watercolor of the front of the school and my wife loves it.  It is on the wall next to my print of Humboldt State.

No comments:

Post a Comment